Thursday, April 06, 2006

My new year resolution!!

Yes, I know its a bit too late for New year resolutions.. :). But better late than never. Maybe I can term it a Hindu new year resolution!!

Right, so what is my resolution? Well, I have decided that I should do/learn atleast one thing new everyday. I have been doing it for sometime now and believe me, its a really refreshing feeling. So, I want to continue it on a long term basis.

It may not necessarily be something technical. It can be anything on this world. Just that it has to be something new. Something I didnt know previously. It may be a new UNIX command. Or some other programming construct. Or something non technical such as knowing a country's name. Yes, I dont know the names of more than half of them. It may well be some new way to stare at girls without they noticing :)).

The method to implement it typically is to ask myself at regular intervals what new I have learnt that day... This way, I am constantly on the look out to learn something.

I am starting off with a lot of zeal. Hope I can sustain it in the time to come. Wish me the best of luck in this endeavour. I also take the liberty to call upon you people to start something like this. It is really a satisfying feeling.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

Well,Well,Well.. at last we have a new post from u :P.

Really nice idea i shd say.. this "learning something new".. its i keeping with the human spirit of thirst for knowledge [alas! it also proves that u r a human :(]

a few recommendations (forget the tech part. .i'm talking abt the other things):

1. howstuffworks.com
2. worldatlas.com
3. Google Earth with its keyhole community
4. dictionary.com (since u r so fussy abt ur vocab :D)

And of course, needless to say "google bhayya"

All the best for this "endeavour"..hope its not aarambha shooratva :)

Kiran said...

Hey just a follow up to the previous comment..regarding the geographic learning (like new country etc).. it wudnt be a bad idea to ask ME!! [=))}